We believe in a future built upon sustainable global trade with positive outcomes for people and the planet.
As one of the world's largest credit insurers, we play an influential role in global trade. This entails an ongoing commitment to innovate and support the most sustainable ways of doing business now and in the future.
We are fully committed to building sustainability within our own business and supporting our customers to make their trade more sustainable.
Atradius’ sustainability initiatives and reporting are aligned with our parent company GCO. The GCO 2022 sustainability report is included in the related documents section at the bottom of this page.
Our sustainability alliances
We are a member of the Net-Zero Insurance Alliance (via our parent company Grupo Catalana Occidente) which means we have committed to transitioning our insurance underwriting portfolio to net-zero gas emissions by 2050. In accordance with the commitment a first intermediate target will be set in July 2023.
As part of Grupo Catalana Occidente, Atradius is also a signatory to the UNEP-FI Principles for Sustainable Insurance and UNPRI Principles for Responsible Investment.
We support the ten principles of United Nations Global Compact on human rights, labour conditions, the environment and anti-corruption and report on this via our parent company Grupo Catalana Occidente.
Our ambitions for a sustainable future
We have a dedicated ESG Committee chaired by our CFO Claus Gramlich-Eicher that meets regularly. The Committee has been set up to structure our various ESG initiatives. We have also recruited a Head of ESG to drive our actions in 2023 and beyond.
Three pillars reflect the different aspects of our sustainability ambitions: Planet, People and Prosperity. The Planet pillar relates to the environmental aspects of how we do business, the People pillar to the social aspects, and the Prosperity pillar to the governance aspects. For each of the pillars, we have defined a set of ambitions.
“We promote trade that is planet positive”
We aim to:
- Shift our portfolio to Net Zero by 2050
- Help our customers find planet positive trading partners
- Support our customers’ transitions to clean production and supply chains
- Support our customers to lower their carbon footprint
- Invest responsibly
- Achieve carbon neutrality in our own operations
“We value the richness of genders, races, cultures and personalities”
We aim to:
- Ensure we are an equal opportunity employer regardless of genders, races and cultures
- Deliver value through diversity and inclusion
- Enhance employability
- Support the well-being of our employees
- Give back to society and our local communities
- Strive for a good balance between the prosperity of communities and the impact on the environment
- Help / coach sustainable entrepreneurs
- Guide / train our colleagues to play their part in contributing to a more sustainable future
“We foster sustainable prosperity”
We aim to:
- Safeguard sustainable growth for the company through compliance with relevant international ESG rules and regulations
- Build ESG factors into our strategic decision framework
- Become the insurer of choice, a trusted partner for sustainable global trade
- Attract, motivate and retain the best talent to help us achieve our sustainability goals